For my Saturday Series (posted on Sunday.... I spent yesterday doing chores!) :)) I wanted to share these pretty cards and treat box I made using the Bloomin' Hearts die. I just think that the new heart die is so stunning and intricate, it makes you look like a rock star!! I made a Valentines card and treat box, but this heart is not just for Valentine's day, it can have many uses!! Here are my Bloomin' Heart creations, see what you think?? I entered the Anniversary card in the Global Design Team Challenge.
Isn't that just gorgeous!! They all look so cute together!! Each one of them uses the Bloomin' Heart Die a little different, to create completely different looks!
I hope this picture captures how pretty this card is. When I showed it to my husband, he said WOW, that is really pretty!! We made this in class and everyone loved it. What is great about this stamp set is that you can use words like friend, be mine...not just for couples!!
Here are the details:
- Card base: Blushing Bride 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded in half
- Layers: Rose Red: 4" x 5 1/4"
Whisper White: 3 3/4" x 5"
- Strips: 1/4" x 3 3/4" of Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper (so pretty in real life!!) and Love Blooms Designer Series Paper
- Bloomin' Heart: cut out in Blushing Bride, daubed on edges and here and there with Rose Red I cut the flowers (that come in the Bloomin' Heart Die) with the Blushing Bride Glimmer paper, and added a glue dot and adhered them behind the flower...I thought this made the flower 'pop', they sort of peek through. I stamped the Bloomin' Love flowers onto thier coordinating flower. ( I love how it all coordinates!!)
(tip: the flowers in the Bloomin' Love have a 'pointer' on top so you can easily line up..love that!!)
- Sentiment: I stamped the outline in Rose Red and fussy cut around it, and the 'Be Mine' was stamped in Blushing Bride
How fun is this?? I used the Gift Bag Punch Board to make this. I just made mine shorter, so it really made a box! I used the Medium guides on the Gift box punch board. On this one, I just cut the heart out of Rose Red and just layered it. Did you notice the flower embellishment?? It's on page 27 of the new Occasions catalog! It added a little extra sparkle here!!
Is this sooo pretty? I made this card for my Brother's anniversary. Their wedding colors were pink and black, 27 years ago!! (he married my friend and college roommate, how lucky did I get??) I used a couple new products on this card, can you guess how many? (answer at the bottom of this post). I really liked this card so I entered it in the Global Design Team Challenge this week which is Love this week.
Here's a closer view.
Here are the details:
- Card Base: Basic Black 4 1/4" x 11" folded in half
- Layers: Blushing Bride 4" x 5 1/4", Whisper White 3 3/4" x 5" (I tore the bottom to add interest, plus I adhered it crooked!! ) I am telling all my secrets!! ha-ha!!
- I cut the Bloomin' Heart out and then just placed in back in place, like a puzzle with all the intricate pieces showing through!! This turned out very elegant!
- I used the Timeless Love stamp for the sentiment, I stamped that on the Perfectly Artistic Designer Series paper (a Sale-a-bration paper that is FREE right now, until Feb 15th)
- I added a piece of the White Organza ribbon and a flower jewel (Botanical Garden Jewel)
- To add a little bit more jazz..I used the Wink of Stella around the egde of the Heart, this really creates a subtle but striking shimmer!! WOWZA!!
I hope you have enjoyed today's cards and treat box. Please be sure to check back on Saturday's, I like to take one product and show it in a couple different ways!!
Here are the products I used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Click here to order. Remember if you place a $50 order, you will receive a Sale-a-Bration item free!! I will also send you the cards for FREE that we made in our card class this month!!! You don't have to email me, I will get your address off your order!! Thank you for stopping by today!
Now if you guessed 4 on the the question above your were right! I used the Bloomin' Heart die, the Wink of Stella, the Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper, and the Botanical Garden Jewels!
Have a great day!!!