Saturday Series: Acorny Thank You Card, Berry Basket and Treat

I wanted to share this fun little ensemble with you. I know it's Sunday and I am just getting around to posting this, it has been one of the those weeks when you turn around and say.....Where did the week go? Do you ever have those weeks?  Well here are a couple of great ideas using the Acorny Thank You stamp set. I just LOVE that little set!! The little acorns are just so darn cute! They just make me happy!! So I made a Berry Basket and this card we actually made in my card class this month, and a super fun little treat!!



How fun is that??




Do you just LOVE all the texture here?? Did you notice the paper the leaf is cut out of, it's the new Corrugated Paper (it's on page 148 in the new catalog) Very cool paper!! Also if you were wondering about the Designer Series Paper, it's the Farmer's Market Paper. The polka-dots go so well with the polka-dots on the Acorn. Do you want to know whats great about this? The strips here are small enough that you could get alot of these cards out of one pack of paper.



The inside of the card....makes it fun!
Here is the card recipe:


  • Card base: Soft Suede cut at 4 1/4" x 11"
  • Whisper White (for inside and outside ) 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Leaf cut out of the Corrugated paper with the Leaflet Framelits
  • Farmer's Market Designer Paper: Polka-dot 4" x 1 1/4"; Woodgrain 4" x 1 1/2"
  • Daub the edges of the leaf and the woodgrain paper with Soft Suede ink
  • Layer the Acorn with Cherry Cobbler  2 3/8" Circle Scallop, 2" circle Soft Suede
  • Acorn (card front) top is stamped in Hello Honey, and the base is stamped in Cherry Cobbler
  • Acorn (inside card) top is stamped in Soft Suede and the base is stamped in Hello Honey
  • To get the little bow on top, I simply took the Burlap ribbon and tore the seam off, and then pulled a strand out, tied it in a knot and adhered it with a glue dot
  • The sentiment is stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black




Is that the cutest Berry Basket ever? I found these peanut M & M's at the store and I was doing the happy dance!! They match the colors perfect here!! I put some raffia in the bottom of my basket, and used a small strip of the Farmer's Market Designer Series paper again. The Basket and the strip of polka-dots were cut using the Berry Basket Die!!! Easy-peasy!! I saw a similiar basket on Ronda Wade's blog.




This little treat is too cute!! The center is a Hersey's Kiss, how fun would this be around your Thanksgiving table, or to co-workers, Sunday School class! Cute and Simple



How cute is that from the side?
Directions:

  • cut a strip of cardstock (I used Hello Honey) 4" x 3/4"
  • score at 1, 2 and 3"
  • fold on score lines and use Tombow glue to secure
  • stamp acorn and thankful, use dimensionals to pop and you're done!! (just like the Turkey!!)  ha-ha!!
Have a great day, and I hope you feel inspired!!

Here are supplies I used:




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


post signature
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS