I wanted to share this quick and simple Easter treat bag. What makes this such a fast little treat, is that it uses folded bags. You could use this to hold a treat or a gift card.  Because these treats come together pretty quickly, so you still have time to make a couple of these for Easter.



Is that cute??



In my little treat bag,  I put a card in it and Easter M & M candy. This was an idea I got from Patty Bennett, I first made these at Christmas time. So you could make these and put a candy in the back pocket, or a gift card. This is a great little gift, that just says "thinking of you" that you can tuck in an Easter basket, or leave on a desk for co-worker, or mailman, or just about anyone would love this!!


To make this I took the Kraft bag, and folded it, not in half exactly but just enough that I would have 2 pockets. Once it's folded the 2 pockets are created from the folded area and then the bag opening.  I then wrapped a 1 1/2" inch x 11, piece of It's My Party Designer Series Paper. One tip here is I lined up my seam in the back, so all seams are together. I think I learned  to line up seams from my mom, when she was teaching me to sew as a kid. :))




I then stamped my little chick in Archival Basic Gray ink. Then I  took my Daffodil Delight stamp pad and squished it (above), I like to call this CPR (that's the nurse in me!!  Hee-hee!) and that gets just a little ink on the upper lid.




I then used my Blender Pen, to apply ink to the sides of the edge of the chick first, then blend my color over the rest of the chick.



Here's what all my goodies look like.I stamped my sentiment from Suite sayings in Calypso Coral, on a 4" x 3 1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock. Do you love the corners?? I used the Curvy Corner Trio Punch on the edges, I think this really made it so sweet!! I also used a Stampin' Write Calypso Coral marker on the chick's feet and beak. I used a Tea Lace Doilie to finish it off.

Here are the items I used:



Have a great day!! This Honeycomb Happiness is one of the FREE stamps you can get during Sale-a-bration!! It has been a popular one!! Sale-a-bration only lasts till MARCH 31st, so don't miss out on this precious stamp. Click here to order!!



post signature


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS