Christmas party and Christmas class cards

in , by jangirlstamps, 7:26 AM
I am late on posting this, but it was too fun not to share. For my card class this month we had a Christmas Party and card class! Boy did we have fun! We had a hot cocoa bar, even though winter hasn't come to Texas, we had some yummy hot cocoa!! We made cards and gift cards, everyone had a treat under the Christmas tree from 'santa' and more laughs that Ol' Saint Nick himself! :) Between taking pictures using  silly Christmas photo props and listening to Christmas music, and having yummy snacks it was a FUN night!!

Here's the cards we made, we made 2 of each.




The Santa Suit card was the easiest:


Here are the details:

  • Real Red card base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
  • Whisper White center: 1 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Basic Black belt: 1 x 4 1/4" embossed with Boho Chic embossing folder
  • Center buckle: Basic Black and Silver Glimmer (on Weekly Special this week) cut using Square framelits (black center also embossed with Boho Chic embossing folder)
  • Upper Yoke (cute right!!) cut with Deco Labels framelits and stamped in Basic Black using the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set
  • I used the Neutral dots for the buttons (tip: if you need alot of Black-use a Black Sharpie pen on the candy dots and it works like a charm.)

Here are the details: (this is a Very pretty card in real life!)
  • Card layers: base is Old Olive 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", then Real Red 5 1/4" x 4", then Whisper White 5" x 3 3/4" the white is embossed with Softly Falling embossing folder
  • Holiday Fancy Foil: 1" x 3 3/4"
  • Old Olive Ornament cut using the Delicate Ornament Framelits. The center is Silver Foil, and the topper is Real Red Foil. I used the Silver Cording Trim for the bow.
  • The stamp I used is also from the Embellished Ornaments



This card is sooo striking! This summer at the Stampin' Up convention in Utah, they explained how Black and Gold were a HOT color combo for this season. After I made this card, I have to agree! Gorgeous!!! I don't know if this picture really captures that!!

Here are the details:

  • Card layers: Basic Black 4 1/4" x 11", the Gold Foil layer is 4 1/4" x 3, the Winter Wonderland Specialty paper is 4" x 2 3/4".  (see below for a great tip to use the Gold Foil paper, before you adhere it, to get the most out of your paper)
  • Christmas Tree: stamped and cut using the Peaceful Pines bundle (page 16 in holiday catalog). I embossed it with Gold embossing powder!! (I used the Itty Bitty Accents punch for the star)
  • I used the Lots of Joy stamp set (from the big catalog page 69, I love that Stampin' Up has Christmas stamps in the big catalog!!) I embossed it with the Gold Embossing powder
  • to keep up with the gold accents I used the Metallic Foil Dollies, and cut it in half (so you can make 2 cards with one!! ) these are on page 148 in the big catalog, if you haven't tried these...try them they are inexpensive and add such a pop!! I used a bow in the Gold Ribbon.
here is the tip I wanted to share, before you adhere the Gold Foil, you can cut stars out, or the gorgeous ornaments out. Since this paper is layered, you won't ever know!!




Here are some pictures of the holiday fun we had:




These girls are crazy!!  :))




a little holiday cheer!





That's me...in the green









sweet lil stamper gettin' into the fun!!




in action!!





Be sure to get your favorites while they are still available! The new Occasions catalog starts Jan 5th, then some of your favorites will be gone....I don't want you to miss out on one you had your eye on!!
Click here to see specials.


Here are the weekly specials:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog






post signature
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS