Saturday Series: One in a Melon

I am so excited about this month's Paper Pumpkin!! It's right up my alley! It's really perfect  timing for these hot summer days in Texas, doesn't  some nice cold watermelon sound good?  Yum!!! On Saturday's I like to showcase one product used in several different ways, so I hope you enjoy what I came up with from this month's Paper Pumpkin. I made a scrapbook page and a card-completely different than the provided instructions and a fun treat bag.

First, here's a video from Stampin' Up about this month's Paper Pumpkin.









Now you can see why I was so excited. Well here is what I came up with from my kit.



Are those colors great or what!!




To make this card, I simply cut the  original card in half, and put a mat of Melon Mambo cardstock behind it.  I used the new 2 1/4" circle punch to punch the watermelon rind. I then stamped the watermelon and punched it put as well. I used the circle tag that came in the kit and added the word 'friend' from the Lovely Words thinlits.  Of course the sentiment that came in the kit, was perfect for this card!!  Pretty fun and quick!


Here's the bag I made. This went together in a snap, there was adhesive in place ready to go! I added the pineapple and made my watermelon like I did in my card.  I love the little clothespin, it just finishes it off! What a fun bag!


This is what I put in my bag, a perfect summer gift!!




Here is my scrapbook page!! I just love how it turned out!! I have been scrapbooking since 1996, and have NEVER put tissue paper on a scrapbook page, but it was easy!! I adhered the tissue paper to a piece of Melon Mambo to add stability and I smoothed it out to get the wrinkles out! I was so excited how clean the tissue paper looks! I also used a couple of tags from the Paper Pumpkin kit, to make my title pop and to add a little journaling spot!



I have just fallen in love with the way the tissue paper worked here. I made the watermelons with the tissue paper too!!





I can't wait to put some pictures on this page!!!

I hope you enjoyed my alternate projects I made with this month's Paper Pumpkin. Need info about Paper Pumpkin, click on the Paper Pumpkin icon, on right hand side of my blog!! It's like Christmas every month, a great gift idea for you or someone else!! I send my mom one every month, she loves it!

Have a great day!! Thank you for stopping by today!! Come back soon as I will be posting more regularly, my life has settled down a little!!


post signature
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS