Saturday Series: Petite Cafe' Bags 

Today I wanted to share some really cute ideas using the Petite Cafe' Bags. These little bags can be dressed up many different ways. Have you seen these bags?? They are on page 35 of the Occasions Catalog. Not only are these little bags cute, they are very functional-as they are lined so the bag stays clean on the outside and the goodies stay fresh on the inside, making them food safe!! That's where WE come in...to decorate and personalize or coordinate with our theme.  :)  I added a very good recipe at the bottom of this post that I used in the Howdy bag...that's how us Texans are!!! :)

Well here's my bags:





Are those cute or what??? The Hooray It's Your Day Birthday bag I made for one of friends that is turning the big 4-0!!



I first stamped the bag with Whisper White Craft ink pad, randomly with the 'hooray' stamp I then used the Star Framelits and cut the star out. In order to keep the goodies in the bag, I used a scrap of Window Sheet.  I then cut out the '40' and attached with glue dots.





The sentiment was cut using the Banner Framelits. The bags fold down and close by folding the tabs back, I used the Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine to finish it off. (I stole the popcorn form my hubby's stash!! )  :)




For the Num-Num bag, this would be perfect for all the yummy things you make in your kitchen!! Since these bags are lined, it would hold brownies or cookies really nicely!!





This little bag is FULL of little details. I stamped the bag with Sweet Laughter stamp (the measuring cup) on the bag in Crumb Cake to give a little interest. I also stamped the background on the sentiment....how fun is that??? On the bow,  I added Linen Thread t tied to the heart buttons (from the Sweet Dreams buttons) hanging down....I just LOVE this (a big smile came over my face and Eww's and Ahhh's was all I could say!) Super cute!!!











The Yee-Haw bag is next... and this little bag just makes me HAPPY!!



I started with the Birthday Bash Designer Series Paper, and just started layering. I used the confetti Star punch and fussy cut the cowboy hat.  For the bow, I used the Burlap Ribbon and pulled off a few stands, this just makes a crinkled linen thread look.





Whats better than one Yee-Haw bag??? Lot's of Yee-Haw bags....!!! wahoo!!  I made these for our monthly demonstrator meeting swap!! I filled the bags with Sugared Pecans, that are YUMMY!

Here's the Sugar Pecan recipe:

Sugar Pecans Original recipe makes 1 pound
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves
1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
1.    Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2.    In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3.    Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
4.    Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
Enjoy!! 


post signature

Here are the supplies I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS