Tool Tuesday (Gone Wednesday!!) Curvy Keepsake box


I had a little faux pas and meant to post this yesterday! So Tool Tuesday went to wild wednesday... ha-ha!!  I have been having a good time with the Curvy Keepsakes box, so I decided to highlight it in Tool Tuesday. This little tool in the holiday catalog is a keeper! If you don't believe me check Pinterest...these are  HOT!! So I made this little Turkey, he is such a little cutie!!

I wanted to highlight this tool because it is EASY to make and very VERSATILE and in my book that makes a great tool!!







He's pretty cute, right?






I kinda played with the feathers a little, goodness knows...he's got some!! I cut the feathers out of Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede. I put the smaller feathers in the front and the larger feathers in the back, and secured them on 1 1/4" scalloped circle. I put a scalloped circle in the back to, just to give him a finished look.





Now that's some tail feathers....ha-ha!!






Here's a side view. I think this would be so cute as a gift for a neighbor,  teacher, church friend or just sitting around your Thanksgiving table!!




Here's the details:

Feathers: used the feather die and cut 2 small and 2 large feathers out of Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry. I adhered them to a 1 14/" scallop circle and put another scallop circle on the back side.
Eyes:  I used tie Owl Punch for the eye and pupil
Beak:  I used the Triangle Punch and just cut it smaller, and used the small heart punch to make the gobbler
Front Feathers:  I used the 1 1/4" scallop punch and cut it into 2 wedges (one a scallop larger)




Here's a video from Stampin' Up on how to put the Curvy Keepsake together:









Items used:
Stamps:  Good Greetings
Paper: Soft Suede cardstock, Crushed Curry cardstock, Real Red cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Pumpkin Pie cardstock
Accessories: Curvy Keepsakes Box thinlit, Owl Punch, 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, Owl Punch, Feather thinlits, oval punch



 Click here to see the new weekly specials!!

 Click here to order!!!


Have a super day!!

Janet Holmes












SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS