Stampin' Up Graduation Hat coffee cup
I wanted to share this cute little graduation espresso cup, party favor! I just love it! Once a month we have a demonstrator swap and meeting. This was one of the swaps I received from Vicki Bell. I was like doing triple flips! This is the perfect party favor for my son's graduation party. It has been a little busy at our house. My oldest graduated from college!! YIPPEE!!! Parents dream of these days, very proud of him and my youngest moved from his dorm to his first apartment....my guys are growing up! (insert sad face!)
So here is the adorable coffee cup I received in this swap:
So here's the one I made in Texas Tech colors:
Is that cute? The belly band I used the Silver Foil Paper and embossed it with the Houndstooth embossing folder. I really like how it turned out.
For the hat I used the Black Glitter brad.
I just love the owl punch. I have used it over and over again.
So here's the details on how to make this cup:
1. These cups are the espresso cups from www.webstraurant.com
2. I used a template to cup my paper to go around cup and to make the belly band. (if you email me I will send you one, www.jangirl.com)
3.To make the hat, I cut a 2 1/2" square in Basic Black cardstock twice and also cut one out of chipboard (like the kind that comes in your Designer Series Paper).
4. I sandwiched the 2 Basic black between the chipboard and glued together with Tombow, and attached the brad.
5. The rim of the brim is 3/4" and just glued to the cup with Tombow.
6. I pressed the brim into white craft ink pad (to get the circle impression) on the 2 1/2" square, I then
applied hot glue to this white circle impression and glued my hat on. ( I tried hot glue and Tombow for this, and hot glue seemed to work the best!
7. To make the tassel I just used 8 pieces of White Baker's Twine 6 inches long and made a small loop on top. I used one piece of White Baker's Twine 7 inches to attach to the brad, and secure the loop.
8. I then used the Owl punch to create this little guy. The heart is made with the Red Glitter Paper.
Paper: Polka Dot Parade (retiring!), Silver Foil paper, Brights Color Collection Designer Series Paper, Basic Black cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Red Glitter paper,
Accessories: Owl punch, Glitter Brad, Houndstooth Embossing folder
Remember TODAY is the last day to order from the 2013-2014 catalog!! click here to order.
Have a great day!!