On Saturdays I like to post what I call Saturday Series. Which is where I like to take one product and showcase it several ways. Well the last couple of days here in Texas have been a little rough, where everyone is glued to the TV to see about the hurricaine. We live several hours from the eye of the storm, but its hard to watch it unfold. So today I wanted to showcase some TEXAS ideas!! As I was making this scrapbook page and card, I was singing "God Bless Texas!" so if you wanna hum along, so ahead!! :)))





What do you think... pretty cute right!! I thought so!!

Here's a closer look at the scrapbook page.



I really liked the colors, very warm and so TEXAN!! I wanted to show you a closer picture of the pocket and heart, they kinda steal the show!



To make the pocket, I first started out with a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I used the foam brayer and added Night of Navy Ink, until I got the desired 'denim' look I was going for. I wanted it to look faded, so the brayer did the trick. If you haven't tried the new foam brayer, it's pretty easy and to me it seemed easier to control the amount of color. After I used the brayer, I then cut it out using the Pocket Framelits. I tried a couple different colors for the stitching on the pocket....Real Red did the trick!! LOVE it!!



Here's the 2nd page. How much fun is this scrapbook page!! So I made the heart using the Sweet and Sassy Heart Framelits. I cut 3 hearts out of Night of Navy, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock, I then layered and cut them so they resemble the Texas flag!! I really love how this turned out. For the title "Hey Ya'll"  I used the Hand Lettered Alphabet Stamp. This was sooo easy to line up because it's a photopolymer set, and you can see right through it. After I stamped the title I then embossed it with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. I daubed it with Soft Suede.



Here's a card I made. I really like how this turned out. This would be a perfect card for those effected by the storm, or a birthday or just thinking of you!!


Here's a fun treat I made, filled with candy coated nuts!! Yum!!!

I hope you have enjoyed this and feel inspired!!
Have a blessed day!!



post signature
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS