Here's a scrapbook page we made in our monthly scrapbook class. Its a great page that just makes you just wanna get wet!! :)  The crab is from You're Sublime and is just too cute!! I knew right when I saw him he was going on a summer scrapbook page! I just love this little beach scene, it can be used for many types of summer beach pages, just change the title.







Is that cute? I you live in Texas, you would know that it has been a little stormy this week with that Tropical Storm, so thank goodness the beach is usually like this one !! :))  There are tons of crabs at South Padre and when my boys were little...it was like paradise for them.





Here's a closer look at the first page. To make the sandy beach I used Kraft Cardstock and simply tore it. One tip on tearing, if you teat towards you, you will get that frayed layers of paper, which is what we wanted here. If you tear away from you then the edge is a little more crisp and clear, not so frayed. I was trying to get a sand dune kind of look, so I tore up and down, not straight across.

Did you notice the cloud?? It's the Sprinkled with fun stamp set!!! Love that one!! Not just for ice-cream





Do you LOVE the castle?? Well I a couple things of the clearance rack, like the Under the Tree Specialty paper and the Homemade Holiday framelits for the top!!! AHH! Is that too fun?? I daubed the sides of the castle and the sand to give it a 3D look. I used the spiral punch on the tops of the castle. For the very top I used the Homemade Holiday Framelits (just another use for those great framelits!!) I cut the chimney off the top and used the 1/2" circle punch. To make the banner I used the Banner Framelits and the cute saying that comes with the crab. Did you notice on the banner, I used a candy dot on top....fun fun!!



I just squealed when I realized I could make a beach ball for the "O" here!! How fun is that?? There are probably cuter ways to make a beach ball, but I just used the 1 " circle punch and punched out several colors and then had to put a candy dot on!!! Oh ya!!






Here's the 2nd page, how fun is that!!!The funny thing is, when I firs made this page, there was no umbrella! When we were at class, you know how all the energy is just flowing and everyone is having fun, Jo says " I wish we had an umbrella" so I was determined to make one!!



So here's what I came up with, I cut out the largest circle in the Circle Framelits and then used the largest oval in the Oval Framelits (It's scalloped) I placed it about a 1/3 down on the circle and viola an umbrella was created! I used a Daffodil Delight marker to make lines to the scallop!! You can make them smaller, too.




Did that turn out cute?? I hope you have enjoyed this!!

Have a great weekend and be sure to check out the clearance rack here for some good stuff!!

Here is a list of supplies I used:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




post signature
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS