For today's Tool Tuesday I wanted to go over the many uses of the Blender Pens. I used the Blender Pens with just a little Calypso Coral Ink to make the Flowers on this Sheer Perfection Vellum paper pop. It's amazing to me how just a little addition of ink, and how it just made the flowers POP! It was so quick and easy and turned out real pretty! I LOVE the hello in the Hi There stamp set, it just seemed to be a perfect match with this card. I hope you like it, but let's start off with going over the Blender Pens.
- Dual-tipped pens filled with a specialized solution for easy blending
- it simply blends colors and then 'sets' the color
- tips are flexible
- comes in a pack of 3
- colorless and designed to pick up any type of ink
- can be used to "fill" in the gaps instead of starting over on a project
- can be used with watercolor paper or regular Stampin' Up cardstock or vellum
- can be used to create a single color or create a lighter to dark type of coloring on image
- easy to use
- can make any color-you decide
- can dip right into ink pad or the lid of the ink pan (after you squeeze it together, to just get a little on the lid)
For the card I made today, I used the Blender Pen on the BACK side of the Sheer Perfection Vellum to make a very pretty and simple card. The Sheer Perfection Vellum is ONE of the FREE items you can get during Sale-A-Bration- which ends today!!! So order TODAY!! if you want this!! FREE
It's a happy little card!! I feel like lately I have been using Calypso Coral so MUCH!! So sorry if that color just jumped into my hands today, again!! I just used a strip of the Sheer Perfection Vellum. So the only thing I stamped here was the 'Hello' the flowers are already on this Vellum, so a quick coloring with the Blender Pen and Janet looks like a rock-star!! :)
If you have ever worked with Vellum, then you know that attaching it is always a challenge! I actually used a couple of glue dots under my bow, and also under the flower area on the bottom, where I could disguise them easily.
Since Vellum is non-porous, I stamped the Hello in Black Staz-on ink, to reduce any chances of smears.
Here's the products I used today:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Have a great day!! AND GET YOUR SALE-A-BRATION STUFF today!!! Tomorrow is tooo late! Click here to check it out!!