Mother of Pearl Technique

in , , by jangirlstamps, 10:30 AM
Try it Technique: Mother of Pearl Tutorial

Here is a card we did in club last night. The technique is called Mother of Pearl. I wanted to try it since it was highlighted in Stampin' Success over a year ago.  You know when see something and you think, gotta make that! Well Stampin' Success is one of my favorite perks, as a Stampin' Up demonstrator!! It is a free magazine, jammed packed full of ideas, techniques. When it comes in the mail, literally I read it cover to cover.



Here's how I made it:

  1. Start with Stampin' Up's Glossy Paper 
  2. Apply a dime size or smaller dab of Stampin' Up paint, on a plastic plate ( I used Frosty White)
  3. Take a small piece of Saran Wrap wadded up and dab into paint, then dab on Glosssy paper randomly (the shiny side) leaving space between the paint, this will give a variegated look
  4. Use the Brayer to roll on Classic Ink (I used Primrose Petals)
  5. Allow to dry, takes just a couple minutes-dries fast!
  6. Cut out as desired ( I used the Fun Flowers Die)









I am not sure the camera (or the photographer...  :) ) picks up on the sheen. It really looks like expensive paper. I absolutley love transforming paper!! It is so pretty. Give it a try! I think it would also make a stunning background, for a card or scrapbook page.




Its a WOW technique that is really pretty simple.

Items used:
Paper: Stampin' Up Shiny Paper, Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DSP, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Primrose Petals
Misc:  Adorning edgelits and Embosslits, Fun Flowers Die, Antique Brads

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS