I wanted to share this cute little card I made my Sister-In-Law for her birthday. I used the Sweet Laughter stamp set, it's really perfect for her since she is an amazing cook (just in case she reads this!! ha-ha!!) I just loved the way it turned out, the use of Vellum here just added the right touch. I used this weeks Sketch Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary CCMC 349.
Here's a peak of my card:
What do you think? Pretty fun, huh? Before we go over the details of the card, I wanted to share why I chose to highlight Vellum today for Tool Tuesday. (the tag is made out of Vellum)
When I googled Vellum I learned that it's derived from a Latin word "vitulinum" which means "made from a calf", the term refers to a parchment made form calf skin, as opposed to other animals. Interesting !! Today, modern Vellum is from cotton and wood pulp!
- can be embossed
- can be stamped on (Staz-on ink dries fast, Memento ink takes just a few minutes to dry
- surface is smooth, transparent and uniform
- beautiful material used on cards, scrapbook pages, wedding and anniversary cards, baby cards
- can be used in your printer, and just print directly on the Vellum-allow ink to dry!! An ink-jet printer works best!!
- can use in full-size or in little tidbits to add that extra touch
- Sheer and sturdy at the same time!!
- adds a delicate touch or overlay
- adds a subtle elegance to a card or project
- adds fun and interest
- puts a 'spot-light' on an element or content
- want to make an impression, make a Vellum envelope (with envelop punch board)
- can use as a Photo Matte
When working with Vellum, you have to be careful with adhesive! If you use regular adhesive is shows right through. Can you see the adhesive on mine? ( see below how I attached) You can attach putting adhesive on patterns-sort of like disguising it, using a brad, a ribbon, staple. It's beauty is worth the effort!
So back to my card:
To make the measuring cup, I stamped it in Momento Ink and let it dry about 5 min. Once it was dry I used the Crisp Canteloupe marker on the back side to color in the cup...this is made for my Sister-in-Law so I went to the 'kind' mark on the cup!! I didn't want to get into trouble!! :) For my cup, I actuallyu stanped it again on whisper white and colored right on the Whsiper White, I then used just a little snail on the colored part an attached it to the Vellum. I used a glue dot on top of the Vellum tag.
This little card turned out very cute!!
Here's the supplies I used:
Have a great day!! Remember FREE SHIPPING this week!!