I just cracked up as this card came together!! It just makes me laugh!! This is a whole different spin on the Sheltering Tree stamp set. Just about the time you thought you have seen all the ideas for the Sheltering Tree stamp....well here's another!!!  :)   My hubby said that little happy hour card is like one you would see at the store!! Super fun card! To create this card I  used the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary CCMC347.



CCMC347



Here is my fun card:









Is that hysterical or what?? This would also make a great halloween card!! Oh the wheels are turning!!!










Can you guess where I used the Sheltering Tree stamp? I spy with my eye.....ha-ha!!
So I stamped the Iris and the white part of the eye with the Sheltering Tree. I daubed around the edges to make them pop.  I got the idea for using the Sheltering Tree to stamp on the eye from Martha Inchley- she stamped the Iris and it instantly hit me,  to make a blood shot eye and stamp the white part of the eye too!!  LOVE it! It makes me crack up!!





I stamped the inside with a drink and umbrella from the Happy Hour stamp. I used the Real Red and the blender pen to add the red in the drink!!


I hope you have felt inspired!! and this little card made you laugh too!!

Have a great day! Here are the supplies I used to make this card.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



click here to order!! Be sure to get your FREE favorites during Sale-A-Bration!!


Janet Holmes

SHARE 12 comments

Add your comment

  1. This is SUCH a fun card! I am literally smiling as I type this! Love your take on the sketch this week! Thanks for playing along at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is SHEER GENIUS Jan!!!!! Hysterical and fun!!!! Yes, it would make a good Halloween card....but it would be the perfect birthday card for someone who *ahem* enjoys a bit too much celebration so to speak! :)
    Love your work! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty funny! Have you ever been to Dallas? There's a huge eye downtown Dallas...reminds me of that! I agree with Alison that it would make a fun Halloween card as well! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! This card just made me crack up!! Love all your comments! We live outside of Ft. Worth so I do know what you are talking about in Dallas! Very Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is SOOOO fun! I can think of 1-2 people to send this to! I agree...would make a wonderful Halloween card, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just hysterically funny and how creative to use the TREE!!! Would also be a perfect Halloween card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative! What a fun card, and just so clever!! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very creative and smart! I love it when people think of new and innovative ways to use certain stamps! This would make a wonderful Halloween card! I predict we will be seeing it quite a bit come fall! I'm so glad you played with us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever is your card! It certainly is a show-stopper... makes you stop in your tracks, lol! What an innovative use of the tree set! Yes, I think it will be a great idea for Halloween too! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so very creative - who would have thought that Sheltering Tree would have such a fun alternative use?! Thanks for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge - you are a worthy Top 3 Pick this week.

    ReplyDelete

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS