Here's a card I made for my niece's birthday! She is a pretty incredible softball player and has received a full-ride scholarship for college! So when I saw the sketch from Freshly made sketches this week  (sketch #143) I knew it was gonna be a home run!  ha-ha!!



So here's the sketch:









Here's my card:



I think my niece will really like it.





I like the Silver Foil Paper on here, it is a nice touch. The Softball was cut using the Circle Framelits and popped up to add interest. I also daubed the edges with Crumb Cake, for the thread I 'negative'  of the circle to draw the lines. The stitching was just free handed. What do you think?





This is the first time I have used the stamp set Fabulous Four. I really like how it picked up on the thread kinda look on the softball.


Items Used:
Stamps: Fabulous Four, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: 2014-2016 In-Color Designer Series Paper, Mossy Meadow cardstock, Maritime Designer Series Paper, Silver Foil Paper, Whisper White cardstock
Accessories: Circle Framelits, Banner Framelits, White Baker's Twine, dauber, Crumb Cake Ink

Have a great day!! click here to order, and to get more info on the DESIGNER SERIES SPECIAL!!




For the month of June you can order 3 Designer Series Paper, get ONE FREE!



Janet Holmes








SHARE 4 comments

Add your comment

  1. How cute!! I love that softball and how you angled the red banner behind this. Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for your niece! I love your homemade baseball -- very impressed with your stitching. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home run sums it up! You knocked this one out of the park! Super card and sure to be cherished. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen said it perfectly - HOME RUN! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS