I have been having alot of fu with the new in colors for 2014-2016. I have had a couple more classes than I normally have and I wanted to share some ideas....that I have cooked up (hint....hint)
What better way to show some new colors than to show them off in party style.

So I started off with well what makes a party...besides the friends...the food of course. So I made food to go with the In-Colors. Below I have the recipes for you, the Meadow Moss (aka Cilantro Dip is to die for, been a favorite of ours for years!) and the Tangelo Twist (aka Orange Cranberry cookies are super yummy...hardly any survive the class! :)





Here is a display I used to highlight the new colors! I just have fallen in love with the new Flower Patch Stamp set! so pretty!  For my display I cut top note die out of each color and labeled them, and used one of the new -in-color clothespins. Everyone got a book mark with all the new in-colors. I finished off the display with bows in all the new in-colors.








I used the new moustasche die to make moustaches in all the colors and placed them on wooden dowels. I  probably had more fun  with this....... like saying " I 'moustache' you which is your favoritte new color?" and I moustache thank you for comimg!! ha-ha!! As you can see I had LOTS of fun with this! I found the mustache mason jar at Michaels.

I put each ribbon around these big wooden spools, and attached a bow! really cute!

The large Mason dispenser fit right in, so I used blue Gatorade as my 'Lost Lagoon'


I even found napkins that went with the theme, I couldn't believe it! This was on accident, I found them at Sam's, the cups, napkins, and the  plates so this just kept my little theme going.....







So I took each color and had a food that coresponeded with that color. Lost Lagoon that was easy wtih the blue Gatorade. The Blackberry Bliss well that was a no-brainer too, a bowl of blackberries! For each color I made a little place holder and used the Flower Patch Stamp set.








For the Hello Honey I made a Honey Bun Cake, which tasted amazing, but maybe not the prettiest! For Tangelo Twist (after trying a couple recipes, hands down the Orange-Cranberry was a hit!! (really save this recipe and the Cilantro dip!!)






For the Mossy Meadow I used an old family favorite, the Cilantro dip! YUM




here are the recipes:

Janet Holmes    2014-2016 Stampin-Up  In-color Recipes        www.jangirl.com
      
(Hello Honey-Honey Bun cake, Tangerine Twist-Orange Cream Cookies, Mossy Meadow-Cilantro Dip, Frost Gatorade- Lost Lagoon, Fresh  Blackberries-Blackberry Bliss)
Honey Bun Cake I
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

2 cups confectioners' sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs and sour cream. Stir by hand approximately 50 strokes, or until most large lumps are gone. Pour half of the batter into an ungreased 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the batter in the cake pan. Spoon the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar and cinnamon. Twirl the cake with a butter knife or icing knife until it looks like a honey bun (or whatever design you want to make).
3.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Frost cake while it is still fairly hot. Serve warm.
4.

To Make the frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.

 

 

Orange-Cranberry Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

1.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in 1 teaspoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranberries and if using, walnuts, until evenly distributed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
3.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
4.
In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 3 tablespoons orange juice and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled cookies. Let stand until set.
Cilantro Dip
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,
softened
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 (7 ounce) can tomatillo salsa
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, pepper, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in a serving bowl.

 

 

.

 




















SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS