I wanted to share my son's graduation thank you cards that we sent out. I was sooo happy when I saw the perfect sketch on Pals Paper Arts (PPA208) it was just the inspiration I needed! Wheww..because I was  drawing  a blank. :)   So I hope you like what I came up with, my son did...so I was happy!



Here's the sketch:





6-19Sketch208




Here's my card:



I chose to keep the background simple so the focus would be on the Thank You! What do you think?
I know the light is little funky here, the  Basic Black cardstock is so dark it was hard to photograph the embossing.. This is the first time I have used the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder,  it will be a new favorite!! Even my son and his girlfriend,  liked it! :)






I really like how it turned out!!!




The tricky part of this card was this banner embellishment. I used the Blue Ribbon Stamp and it originally has the words congrats in between the mortar hat and GRAD, I used the Basic Black Marker on the hat and the GRAD. only. The 2014 is from the new stamp set Project Life Day to Day, I used the Real Red Marker and was (carefully...after a couple tries) able to line it up!. What's great is this stamp is a Photopolymer so it's clear, so that made it easy to line up. It worked out great!! The small banner,and the outer circle is cut out of the Silver Foil paper, it adds a special touch.
The larger banner is the Dictionary stamp (that seemed like a perfect match!) stamped with Smoky Slate.


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you feel inspired!


Items Used:
Stamps: Blue Ribbon, Lots of Thanks, Project Life day by day, Dictionary
Paper: Basic Black cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Real Red cardstock, Silver Foil
Accessories: Large Polka Dot embossing folder, Banner framelits,  Circle Framelits,Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Black Staz-on ink, Smoky Slate ink




Have a great day! Click here for easy shopping!!  :)


Janet Holmes










SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. I love how this turned out too. The black bold polka dots are fun and the red is striking against the black. Really great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and classy, too! I love the colors, as those were my kids' colors, too! Hope to see you play along again soon at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS