I wanted to share this card I made for my son's college graduation. I am actually gonna use this as a invitation for a graduation BBQ at the house. I wanted it to be simple, yet striking. The stamp set I used is Pure Gumption, I just LOVE this set the images and the phrases in this set is just perfect!





I started with the university colors and just let it grow from there. Do you love the Texas Tech in the corner? (affectionately known as the 'double T')   :)  It's from one of those scrapbook kits that you can get at the campus bookstores and gift shops, so I took it an sized it down to fit the 1 3/8" punch perfectly! (that was almost a big hat's off to mom...hee-hee!)



On the hat I used the new Blendabilities pens.  I used the Cherry Cobbler set. The new Blendabilites come in color sets, each color has a light, medium and dark color of hues in each color family. To make this hat, I stamped first with Stazon and let it dry well, I then cut it out. (fussy-cut....that word just makes me giggle inside!) Anyway, then I started with the medium color, and used the lightest color on the inner part of the hat, and then added the darkest color along the edges. This is the first time I have played with these pens, it made it look 3-D. I then put a 1/8" mini brad in the middle. I used a glue dot to hold it, it was kinda already 'popped' up with the brad.

 ***as a side note I am unsure of the exact date of the release of the new Blendability pens, it was supposed to be with the new catalog, June 2, but it may be later it what Stampin' Up released****








I just LOVE the Silver Foil paper here, it just adds a touch of elegance.


So you know how moms are... I gotta brag, so here's some pic of our graduate!! (I am so proud of him on graduating, but more proud of the man he's become!)



My son Ryan, he graduated with a Bachelors in Business Administration with concentration in entrepreneurship!! Way to go!!!






A moment we hope for....




His biggest fans: my youngest son Derek (starting his 3rd year at SFA) and me and my hubby




Ryan and his sweet girlfriend Catie!

Items Used:
Stamps: Pure Gumption
Paper: Basic Black cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Real Red cardstock, Silver Foil Designer paper, scrapbook kit for Texas Tech
Accessories: Black Staz on ink, Mini Brads, Cherry Cobbler Blendabilites pens, 1 3/8" circle punch, Circle Framelits, Typeset Alphabet Bigz die

Have a great day!!

Today Stampin Up is having a Sale on all Retiring Products!!  click here to check it out!!


Have a great day!!

Janet Holmes

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS