Stampin' Up Love and Sympathy Card

in , by jangirlstamps, 10:03 PM
I wanted to share this card with you that I made for my dear friend. I think sympathy cards are so difficult to make, at least they are for me. I absolutely love the Love and Sympathy stamp set from Stampin' Up and so happy that it is not on the retired list.  For this card I used the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary  CCMC301, it helped me get a direction. I really like this sketch, it's a keeper because it's flexible and really creates a clean card. My goal in making this card was to have a splash of color in  a bed of neutrals, I hope you like it.




Here's the sketch:





CCMC301







Here's my card:









I daubed around the edges of the circle with Crumb Cake, to soften the look.







I was happy the way it turned out. For me a sympathy card is a difficult one to make, as you are wanting to convey a serious tone, but yet a celebration of that person's life. Not the easiest for me.






A closer look. I hope this gives you some inspiration. Have a great day!!



Items used:
Stamps: Love and Sympathy
Paper: Soft Suede cardstock, Brights Designers Series Paper, Very Vanilla cardstcok
Accessories: Old Olive ink, Coastal Cabana ink, Pearls, Circle Framelits, Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder


Janet Holmes


SHARE 5 comments

Add your comment

  1. Gorgeous sympathy card! Love the soft colors and they way you sponged the ink around the circle! Really frames it up beautifully! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the embossing folder vertically on your panel and the sponging on the stamped panel looks great! Thanks for playing Create with Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card that conveys the tone that you want.. soft yet lovely colors. The sponging on the circle makes it almost look dimensional! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty! I love your choice of colors and the sponging on your circle is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful sympathy card. The colors and sponging are beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS