Stampin' Up Lacy and Lovely gold card

in , by jangirlstamps, 4:35 PM
I wanted to share this card we made last night at our card class. Gold is out everywhere, you see it in clothes, flashy decorations, just look...... it's back! So this card I used the Gold Foil Sheets and wanted to make a simple but elegant card. I got this idea from Kay Kalthoff, and put my own spin on it.





I thought it turned out elegant but simple. Perfect for a card that  you want to stand out a little.






Did you notice the gold sequin under the pearl? It just adds a little more glitz.
There are 2 elements on this card that are retiring, can you guess them? (answer at the bottom) see if you get it right. Sad for me, they are 2 things I like and have used numerous times!





This Gold Foil Sheet is a show stopper! It is simply gorgeous all by itself, so I wanted to keep the layout simple to not overplay the sheen and elegance of the paper!



Are you wondering about the flower? The bottom flower is Blossom Punch, cut out of Whisper White and embossed with the Perfect Dots Embossing Folder. The smaller flower is the Pansy Punch cut out of the Fancy Foil Designer Vellum paper. I lined the punch up, so the gold dot would be the center of the flower.





Is that a COOL trick or what!! That makes me do the happy dance, when I can use this gorgeous paper and create a flower like that!!!





Here's our class last night, there were 18 of us, we laughed and had the best time! 








These girls are crazy! :) it was like girls night out...too fun!


Items used: 
Stamps: Lacy and Lovely
Paper: Gold Foil Sheets, Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black cardstock, Fancy Foil Designer Vellum Sheets (gold)
Accessories: Large Scallop Edgelit, Blossom Punch, Fancy Flower Punch, Perfect Dots Embossing Folder, Pearls, Gold Sequins, Delicate Details lace Tape.


Did you play along with the question above?  What 2 elements on this card is retiring??
if your answer was the Lacy and Lovely stamp set and the Delicate Details you were right!!


Have a great day!!

Janet Holmes







SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS