I wanted to share this scrapbook page of my oldest son and his girlfriend. These pictures were fun, and full of energy so I decided to create a Ombre color using my spritzers. I started off with a 12 x 12 Piece of Whisper White, and kept the color combination simple. My goal here was to have the color fade into a darker color towards the bottom of the page. This is a fun page so the Yippee Skippee Stamp set was a simple match.






 I started off by adding 15 drops of Tempting Turquoise Reinker, to my spritzer and filling the rest with alcohol. I was trying  to create a graduated color effect, I  also masked off areas of my page to add interest. To mask off areas of my page I simply cut some circles with my 2 1/2" circle punch, and 1 3/8" circle punch out of scratch paper and just placed on my paper before I started to spritz.






This is a closer view of the masked off areas. Once I spritzed, I pulled off my circles of scratch paper and had these fun little areas masked off!!








You can see when I spritzed the ink, there were some globby spots, I kinda liked the bigger spots. When I spritzed my page I stood up and sprayed my page that I placed on the ground (with a vinyl tablecloth underneath to protect my surface) from this distance the spray was more diffuse and it seemed to work out great!





Here I used the film frame to frame my sentiment. I really liked the way it turned out!! Give this a try and let me know ok!!


Afterthoughts: 

  1. Pre-planning your layout before masking off areas would be helpful.
  2. Maybe add more drops  of reinker to get more of a pronounced color.
  3. It was  super easy to clean up the vinyl tablecloth, just wiped it down
  4. Maybe try some different shapes to mask like create lines with paper, or geometric
  5. Maybe spritz with one color then spritz with another, to give kind of a cool effect (like a sunset, or beach)


Items used:
Stamps: Yippee Skippee,  Word Bubbles
Paper: Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black cardstock, Garden Gingham Designer Series Paper, Tempting Tourquiose cardstock
Accessories: Black Staz-on Ink, Film Frames Framelits, Word Bubble Framelits, Spritzer, Tempting Tourquoise Reinker, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS