This is a Happy Birthday card for my sweet husband. I don't know about you but  I think masculine cards are hard to make. Are they a challenge for you??  So I started with By the Tide stamp set and "grew" my card from there. The challenge to me is to make a nice clean card, not alot of frills.  (aka no glitter, limited ribbon if any and colors that are "cool") So here is what I came up with.....



I used the By the Tide stamp set and one of the new photopolymer stamp set called Settin' Sail.



I was pretty happy the way it turned out. Don't you just love the way the Designer Series Paper, picks up on the water effect. It's a piece of paper out of the Soho Subway Paper pack, it really compliments well. I  used the blender pen on the fishes body, to blend and really add some color. (if any fisherman out there think  ?? what kinda fish is that?? well the colors worked for me and I hope I am, not to off!! (ha-ha!!)


One tip I have when working with Blender pens is to use Staz on Ink or COMPLETELY allow your image to dry. Otherwise it will smear and make your image a mess! Ask me how I know this... :)


Here are some other examples using the Settin' sail Stamp set.


Settin’ Sail Photopolymer Stamp Set 



I can see the possibilities with this summer's beach  scrapbookpages too!!



  
Settin’ Sail Photopolymer Stamp Set133453
Price$13.95
Life’s better at the beach. Or on the sea. But wherever you are, you’ll find lots of reasons to use the images in this set—for vacation memory-keeping, nautical parties, summer fun. We recommend clear blocks sizes A, C, & H (not included in the set) with this exclusive photopolymer stamp set. Our photopolymer stamps offer a versatile all-clear stamping option. You’ll find that our photopolymer is top-quality and give a perfectly stamped image every time. The stamps stick amazingly well to our clear blocks and are easy to place just where you want them. And best of all, you get to enjoy tons of images for a great price!
Set Quantity: 21


Click here if you want to order the Settin' Sail Photopolymer Stamp set

                                            Items used:

Stamp sets: By the Tide, Settin' Sail
Paper: Early Expresso, Indigo Island, Whisper White, Soho Subway
Accessories: Indigo Island Marker, Crisp Cantalope Marker, Old Olive marker, Black Stazon ink

Have a great day!!

Janet Holmes



SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Great post, Janet! I love the watercolouring you did on the fish! And that DSP is perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS