Elegant Mother's Day Card

Here is a card that we made at the National Scrapbook Day Retreat on Saturday! It was so fun. I will be posting more Scrapbook pages.

I love how this card turned out. Simple but very elegant! LOVE IT!!

I cased it from DO Stamping, and made some changes.

 



 
 
Don't you just love it. The ribbon has a nice glistening edge, really nice!
 
 
 
 
I really love how the colors complement each other. I really like the piercing along the edge. The first time I made this card, I pierced the same side of the oval that I stamped. I actually like the piercing going the other way, so I turned it over and pierced the image. This creates a pearl like look around. I love it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I stamped off with the Raspberry Ripple then stamped the inside. I sanded the embossed pattern and it really helped it to pop, even though it was regular cardstock, not the core'dinations paper. The Manhattan Flower is retiring, it's one of my favorites!
 
 
Items used:
Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Delightful Dozen (a really great stamp set...)
Paper: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories: Occasions Paper piercer, Two Toned Ribbon, Manhattan Flower Embossing folder, Pearls, Pretty in Pink Ink Pad, Raspberry Ripple Ink Pad, Old Olive Ink Pad
 
 
 

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan Girl · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS